Leadership and Financial Accountability
New Life strives to put leaders in place that conduct themselves with integrity and respect when making decisions that affect others. The following structure is in place to ensure that New Life Church stays transparent and integritous in all decisions.
1. We are GUIDED by our pastors.
The pastoral staff team oversees the day-to-day ministry and operations of the church. This team is led by the founding pastor. These staff pastors serve the congregation and are responsible for the development of the spiritual life of the church.
2. We are GOVERNED by the board of directors.
The board of directors are members of New Life Church who oversee the corporate side of the church. The directors have the duties and responsibilities generally associated with and exercised by a corporate board. These members serve the church by assuring compliance with the church’s management policies and procedures, and by approving the annual budget and other major financial commitments of the church.
3. We are PROTECTED by our trustees.
The trustees are members of the congregation who oversee the finances and direct the provision of the facilities needed by the church. They provide counsel to the board of directors regarding the major financial commitments of the church.
4. We are STRENGTHENED by our overseers.
The overseers are four pastors of nationally respected congregations and ministries who love New Life Church and are willing to provide spiritual protection to the church. They may be called in to help in accountability matters relating to the founding pastor if requested by the pastors or trustees.
Dear New Life Church,
God bless you for your devotion to the kingdom of God. Your faithful support and prayers are helping us continue the mission of our church: to reach our friends to see them become fully devoted followers of Christ. On behalf of every single person whose life has been changed, thank you for doing your part to make it possible!
We want you to know that financial integrity is of utmost importance in this ministry. We don’t take your trust lightly. In fact, we have established specific standards to guarantee that our finances are handled in the best and most honorable way.
- Our board of trustees is comprised of eight respected business leaders in our congregation. They serve and oversee all buildings and properties and ensure that we are good stewards with the money you have entrusted to the church. For all decisions, trustees are held to a written conflict of interest policy.
- An independent compensation committee is comprised of members from our board of directors, with advisory from our overseers, and determines the salary of our founding pastor based on a nationally accepted compensation study. The pay scale is used for every staff member at New Life Church so that all salaries are equitable.
- To ensure our business operations are conducted at the highest standards and comply with applicable IRS rules and regulations, New Life Church annually undergoes a financial review. This intensive examination and test of our procedures is conducted by local, independent, certified public accountants from Conway, Arkansas. At the conclusion of each examination, an opinion has been rendered that our financial statements are presented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
We are so thankful for you and we are honored to join with you in the cause that counts.
––Darren DeLaune, Executive Pastor