VERSE OF THE DAY: "Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant." —Mark 10:43
In this passage, Jesus foretells his death and resurrection a THIRD time, then James and John literally said to Jesus, "We want You to do for us whatever we ask of you." Jesus didn't say "yes," but He said, "What do you want Me to do for you?" How often do you go straight into God's presence and just tell Him the things you want Him to do for you? Notice He didn't give them what they demanded but reminded them of His upside down Kingdom.
REFLECTION: Serve to Excel
• Standing out means helping out.
• Be someone who adds value to others.
• You’re at your most valuable when you’re making what others do
• You’re at your least valuable when you try to make it all about you.
• Selfishness serves no one.
• Selflessness serves many.
Q's: When was the last time you stepped out and served someone else? What was the result? What is one thing you can do to serve someone today?