We are excited to tell you about the hope and love of Jesus! This is the greatest decision you will ever make in your life.
Jesus is the center of everything we do and believe in at New Life Church. A few years ago, I had the privilege of meeting Dr. Billy Graham. He has had an impact on our heart to reach the lost at New Life Church. I love these thoughts that Dr. Graham has taught about the salvation of Jesus through the years and I would love to share them with you now.
Thank you for letting us be on this journey with you!
– Pastor Rick and Michelle Bezet
There are certain points we all need to understand about the salvation of Jesus.
- First, we all are sinners and stand under the judgment of God.
- Second, God loves us, and Jesus came to make forgiveness and salvation possible. He died on the cross as the complete sacrifice for our sins. He took on Himself the judgment that we deserve.
- Third, God in His grace offers us the gift of eternal life. But like any gift, it becomes ours ONLY when we respond and receive it.
- Fourth, salvation is intimately linked to Jesus and the cross. Jesus’ virgin birth, by the miraculous intervention of the Holy Spirit, meant that He did not inherit a sinful human nature like we did. Neither did Jesus commit any sin during His lifetime. Jesus became the only perfect Man, and as such, He was uniquely qualified to put into action God’s plan of salvation for mankind.
On that cross, Jesus took the punishment of our sin. He was our Substitute. He suffered the judgment and condemnation of death that our sinful nature and deeds deserve.
- Finally, faith is essential for salvation. But, there are various kinds of beliefs or faith, and not all are linked to salvation. In the New Testament, faith means more than intellectual belief. It involves trust and commitment. I may say that I believe a bridge will hold my weight. But I really believe it only when I commit myself to it and walk across it. Salvation faith involves an act of commitment and trust, in which you commit your life to Jesus Christ and trust Him alone as your Savior and Lord.
Committing your life to Jesus is a personal and individual decision. By praying a prayer like this, you are inviting Jesus into your life and releasing your cares and worries to Him.
"Jesus, right now, I ask you to become Lord of my life. You are my Savior and I thank You for the sacrifice You made on the cross. I receive Your grace and confidently believe that my life is forever changed.
Jesus, help me to live for You. My heart and my life are open to what You have for me. I want to know Your ways and love people as You love me. Everything within me is submitted to You. Thank You for Your mercy, hope, and unfailing love.
In Your name I pray, Amen."
We’d love to celebrate with you! Let us know about your decision for Jesus by filling out this Connect Card. We want to help you with your next steps and getting you connected to the family of New Life Church.